Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sweet Visit

A few weeks ago, I was SO thankful that my oldest (not in age, but in length) and one of my dearest friends and her family came to visit us a couple weeks ago.  It was such a fantastic extended weekend for us.  Our boys and all three of her girls got along smashingly.  It was so fun to watch them pal around.
Monica & I
It was a time full of heartfelt talks, sweet laughs, periodic parenting and some sightseeing as well.
We headed downtown and after searching for parking went to the Washington Monument via the FDR Memorial (which I had not seen yet!).
captioned "Menace to Social Order"...
 William is doing a peace sign salute there.

This picture of Genevieve cracked me up.  
I just adore these gals!

Finally to the Washington Monument!
 Then off to the Lincoln Memorial.  The kids did a ton of walking.  
I never heard any complaining.
William inadvertently saluting Lincoln... his pointer finger was sore.
A few days later we went and saw the White House.

I love this picture of Monica.  Her father would be so proud :)
 We also hit up the archives... where pictures aren't allowed.  The older kids really enjoyed all the interactive exhibits there.  There were some wonderful, educational displays.
Morning before departure
What a joy to spend time together.  
I even got to braid some hair.
An excellent visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment