Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Friday, March 6, 2015

Star Wars - The Return of the Jedi (to our home)

This past year Dan's mom found a bunch of Dan's old Star Wars action figures.  She sent them home with us and we decided to give them to the boys at Christmas.  Well as Christmas approached, we realized that these toys may easily be overshadowed by all the new shiny stuff in boxes that they'd be receiving.  We ended up tucking them away in the attic for a rainy (or snowy day).  This past week we got a great chance to bring them out and drive away a little cabin fever.
It was so fun to bust these guys out.
notice C-3PO on the floating chair
Dan had the Ewok Village, a Star Destroyer/container and a Dagobah set.  I should probably mention that it wasn't just the boys obsessed with this. I love Star Wars.  Just love it.  I remember my mom getting me and my brother out of school to go see Empire Strikes back.  I also dressed up as Princess Leia for three or four years in a row. I have an older and younger brother so I was over-exposed to the original Space Trilogy and I'm so grateful for it.
Halloween 1978.  I was almost 4.
Trick or treating with our neighbors, the Little's.
We had a bunch of Star Wars figures growing up too (not quite sure where they are now...)  I vividly remember playing downstairs in the basement with the trash compactor.  Amazing.  And I loved visiting my cousin's house.  Cindy, Steve & Stacey had a bunch that we didn't and that was always a treat.
 So, needless to say... breaking out this treasure trove was a ton of fun.
 The next morning I woke up and found the boys already absorbed in off-world activities. Thank you George Lucas for your imagination.  
It's brought us endless fun and sparked our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment