Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, March 12, 2015

National Gallery of Art visit

Last week we took a quick trip to the National Gallery of Art.  This wasn't exactly on our short list of things to do soon, but an episode of Doctor Who quickly thrust it to the top of our list.  There is an episode of Doctor Who (Matt Smith as Doctor with Amy & Rory... for Doctor Who-vians) where The Doctor meets Vincent van Gogh. It sparked our kid's interest and so we capitalized on that and headed to our local art gallery that has his work exhibited.  Pretty cool, eh? 
 The added bonus - it was a beautiful, no-coat needed, kind of day and we got an amazing and FREE parking spot too. 
The fountain centerpiece. 

I wish I had more artistic knowledge to capture in words how impressed I was with this painting.  All I know is I couldn't even paint one square inch of this if I tried. 
Just breath-taking.
I wish I could say that Worthy spent hours looking at this painting with wonder and awe. The truth is if I had caught this shot a split second later you would see him wandering off to sit on the bench.  The Doctor Who episode was more captivating than the real life stuff.
I don't advise taking four kiddos to the Art Gallery after a winter of being couped up.  Thankfully Dan was with us and between the two of us we were able to keep them from destroying anything priceless. Even with our preoccupation of keeping little hands at bay, we were able to appreciate the beauty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment