Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Sunday

Typically Easter Sunday in our house is usually busy and stressful. It's generally a big holiday for a Worship Leader.  This year felt different.  There was no big Program or huge Musical Number, it just felt like a typical Sunday - expect a little more anticipated (it is Easter Sunday after all...).  Our church service here is usually on Sunday evening, but on Easter we switch it to Sunday morning - to celebrate together and do brunch as a church family.  

The romantic (and 9 months pregnant) me thought it would be a great idea to have Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast.  I deviated from my tried and true recipe and tried a new one.  I have more energy in the morning so opted to try the new one because I could make them easier in the morning.  They were good, but didn't knock my socks off - which is what homemade cinnamon rolls are suppose to do - n'est pas? 

Every Easter we have a tradition of doing an Easter Treasure Hunt.  The night before Dan & I spend plotting clues to follow and hiding them in plastic eggs around the house.  They eventually lead to the kiddo's Easter baskets.  Worthy was great at being patient and letting William "find" some of the eggs.  

Sample Clue: Look in the place where we put food to warm it up quickly.
Answer: Microwave

 And the end result - pure sugar happiness.  
You can see that Calvin lost focus somewhere along the way.

After some sampling - we headed off to church to celebrate the real reason for Easter.  
I handled the kid's lesson, but called in the big guns to burn off some of the energy of the morning.  Dan led some fun tunes - allowing the kids to jump around, sing and just have good fun at church.  

And after the service we had a fantastic meal with our church family. 
Yeah - someone in our church actually made these!

And here are a couple fun pics of the kids at church - courtesy of Stacey & Abby!



Then we came home and all took naps.  I opted out of cooking a big Easter dinner and was SO thankful for that!  We were wiped out.  I think I'm done being Imminently Due to Give Birth around major holidays. (In fact, I think I'm done being Imminently Due in general...)  All-in-all, a wonderful, relaxing, joyful day!

He is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment