Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Friday, April 20, 2012

Christian Aaron Beilman

Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am 
fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you 
 when I was made in the secret place. 
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 
your eyes saw my unformed body. 
All the days ordained for me were written in your book 
before one of them came to be.

It’s official - we have another son, 
Christian Aaron Beilman

This past week, after meeting with my doctor and midwife, they recommended inducing the delivery on Friday. My due date was April 22, so a couple days early wasn’t too big a deal. They knew my parents would be here and thought it would be helpful to take full advantage of that, especially since both the baby and I were ready.


So, on Friday morning, after one last Pregnancy shot, Brad drove us to the hospital. Our midwife met us there, gave me a tablet that would stimulate contractions, monitored the baby’s heartbeat and kind of hung out of an hour or so. Here the Midwife does all the work and the doctors really just supervise/oversee.

We headed down to the delivery room to check the heartbeat and then she went ahead and broke my water. After that – things went quick… too quick really. My midwife went out to change into her scrubs and I felt the need to push – with just Dan and I in the room. Dan left to go find her or someone – then I was really alarmed. Thankfully, people started appearing. Shortly after that my doctor also arrived with her 7 year old son because she hadn’t had time to drop him off at the sitters like she anticipated… he was not in the room, btw. My doctor didn’t have time to change into her scrubs until after the delivery – lol.


So, after 35 minutes of intense, agonizing, painful contractions, we welcomed our beloved, adored, precious Christian Aaron into the world. Definitely worth it.

Funny things ran through my mind during those 35 minutes… I wanted to cut off all my hair. If I had scissors nearby it would have been gone. My midwife and doctor are wonderful, but they kept saying, “Just let the baby tell you when to push”, etc. I realized in that moment that I wanted a drill sergeant instead. I wanted to follow orders, because I definitely did not feel like I knew what I was doing – even after 4 kids. And my last memorable thought was the beauty of pain killers and how I wish I had some. I had an Epidural with the first two kids, but not the last two. Modern Medicine is lovely.

Born at 1:23pm
Weight: 4070g (9lbs)
Height: 52cm (20in)
Head size: 39cm (15in...ouch)

The name... Christian is an homage to the character "Christian" in John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. And "Aaron" is my older brothers middle name, Christopher Aaron.  Praying that our Christian Aaron will be as inspirational to others as his namesakes have been to Dan & me.

So thankful for him!

I mentioned it was intense, right? :)
That evening Dan and my parents brought the boys by to meet their new brother.  They seemed to like him but I think they might have been more excited to see their mommy.
Four Boys
Worthy adoring his littlest brother

William was definitely smitten
Love this!


 Proud G & Grampy


We're so thankful and in love with this new little guy.  Looking forward to the joy (and craziness) he'll bring to our family!  

2 comments: