Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vinter Vonderland

We had another great day today. We're still in process of acclimating to the time difference. I had to actually wake everyone up at 9am today - unprecedented before this trip - with the hopes that they'd get to bed at a decent hour. It's 10pm here now, so the "plan" seems to be working... we'll see how the night goes.

We're beginning to feel comfortable with navigating around the city and using public transportation. Yesterday I escaped from the apartment (and the kids) on an adventure to find a European cord attachment for my computer. I was going nuts without my calendar. I was able to figure out how to take the tram to the U-Bahn (Vienna's subway system) and go to Saturn (sort of a Best Buy/Buy More kind of store). One of the things I was worried about was exiting off the U-bahn and going in the wrong direction of the store. But as the train pulled to a stop, I saw a big advertising sign with an arrow and the store name. It's little things like this that remind me that God hears and answers those silent prayers that I often throw up haphazardly. It's great to remember that He's in the details of my life. And this morning Dan got to go out running around the city. Maybe he'll blog about that later.

Later this afternoon, we took the kids out to the Rathaus Christkindlmarkt. It was a madhouse - jam packed with peeps.
The kids took a pony ride and Dan took them on a kiddie train ride. Btw, Worthy has his hat in his hand... he just took it off for the picture.

After that we went to a gathering with some new friends. And afterwards, we went into downtown to see some of our new friends doing Christmas Carols.
It was right near St. Stephen's Cathedral. The lights around the Square were gorgeous and made me ready to go out and get a tree. We had a great time enjoying some holiday singing and hot chocolate. And William especially loved it. After all, he is our "Party in a Box". Seriously, he was dancing most of the time we were there, with occasional breaks for cocoa or water - gotta refuel. He even had a sweet Asian woman take his photo :)

2 comments:

  1. From Grampy..Will, what a dancer! I really enjoyed it.
    From G...I LOVED IT. Aunt Linda will enjoy this one! I would have loved to see the live preformace! Maybe next time on "So You Think You can Dance"!!!

    ReplyDelete