Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kinder Hospital Visit

On Tuesday, a group of us from church, went to a nearby children's hospital to sing Christmas carols and bring some presents to the kids. Throughout the day, I was debating on whether or not to go and bring the kids or if this should be an event that Dan should solo. It had been snowing most of the day and I wasn't excited about trudging through the snow with the stroller - getting on and off trams (some with steps...) As the departure time neared, everyone seemed in a rather decent mood, so I decided to go along and bring the Boy Crew. I'm so glad we all went!
We went to a smaller hospital in the area - one that's usually overlooked during the holiday season. We sang some Christmas carols (with some lovely violin & guitar accompaniment).
And incidentally, they love American Christmas carols here. It's what you hear when you're in stores, etc. Funny, eh? We also did a wonderful story reading time (our friend that read it was so good, I was entranced, even though I didn't understand the words) and passed out some presents.
And of course, we had some dancing. Well I should say, William did some dancing. And in typical William fashion, he had the kids, parents & nurses grinning from ear to ear.
(Pictures taken by Daniel K.)... I had forgotten my camera as we walked out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment