Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here

Our first Christmas in Vienna was relaxing & worshipful. We woke up (unfortunately a bit earlier than hoped for...) and made some French toast. After gobbling that up, the kiddos were ready to begin present opening. They each opened up a few gifts and thankfully, proceeded to be entertained for the next hour or two.
Soon after, we had a new friend, Julie, from our church and her American friend, Christian, who lives in Graz, Austria come over and spend the day with us. It was such a tremendous blessing to have them here. Not only because they're both delightful people, but also because Julie volunteered to cook dinner. The hostess in me was mortified to accept her gracious offer, but the frazzled mother in me was so appreciative and thrilled - the latter side won out. It was so freeing to be able to set my pride aside, which doesn't come easy to me, and be a gracious receiver.

We all finished opening presents, had a lovely meal overflowing with wonderful conversation. And to cap off the evening, we sang Christmas carols together. Julie & Christian are both professionally-trained musicians on violin and viola respectively.
(I had a baby on my lap during filming...sorry...)

And we got another wear out of Worthy's "My First Christmas" jumper.
This was the first year in awhile that I wasn't pregnant or had a newborn during Christmas. I didn't have the easiest pregnancies and my memories are still rather fresh. There's something about pregnancy that really drives home the Incarnation to me. Dwelling on the reality of God being made Flesh completely blows my mind. Thank you Emmanuel, "God with Us".

Hoping your Christmas and holiday was filled with the reality that God (is) with Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment