Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Unexpected Blessings

One of the great delights of coming back to Akron is the chance to see my dear, dear friend Mandy. We have been close friends since childhood when she use to live across the ditch from me. She now has 2 adorable boys a little older than ours. We got together a couple weeks ago and she had gathered the clothes for us that her boys had outgrown. It was so thoughtful and generous of her. One of the "small things" that I've fretted about is the transition from a warm climate like Florida to a cooler one like Vienna. Our wardrobes basically consist of short and t-shirts with a splattering of pants and some long sleeve shirts. This gift was so unexpected.
All these bins are full of clothes that the kids will be able to wear this winter - pants, sweaters and COATS! Another friend of hers even passed along some additional winter gear as well - coats, mittens, hats. We're so overwhelmed by the generosity of friends and the provision of God - especially in these small ways. This was an issue that I had some anxiety over, but really hadn't prayed about.
I find myself amazed at how God is supplying all of our needs before we even express them. Thank you to God and my sweet Mandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment