Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Akron Fun

We're back in Akron. We've had a whirlwind trip over the past 2-3 weeks.
We've been able to spend some great quality time with family & friends while we raise the remainder of our support for Vienna.

Here are some things we've enjoyed while in Ohio...

Dan's taken the boys "hiking". Surprisingly, there are a ton of great parks in Akron. This time they went to Firestone Metro Parks, just a couple minutes from my parents house.


One of our favorite places to visit is Pav's Creamery. This is the ice cream place I grew up going to. They have the best soft-serve ice cream around. Every week they have a special flavor. My favorite is Coconut, but unfortunately it wasn't featured during our trip. I had to settle for Pistachio - which was not really settling at all.
Will seemed quite satisfied with the vanilla.

Worthy opted for Superman - of course...

During our visit, Worthy and Grampy have really enjoyed visiting the toy store. He's accumulated a steady stream of toys, mostly Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 stuff.
He's spent countless hours with these little guys. I love seeing his imagination at work.

2 comments:

  1. So sad we weren't able to cross paths - but I am sure you had about a million people to see, and Phoebe seems to make my days slip away before I can even plan them! I hope you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad and I just came from Pav's tonight..I had coconut, and with every bite, thought of you all! Miss you so!

    ReplyDelete