Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Happy 3rd Birthday Christian!

A few days ago Christian turned three! For the last three years I've been telling myself (the lie) that when our little wonder turns three, things will suddenly become so much easier.  He's three now.  It hasn't magically happened that he's suddenly a no-maintenance kid, but to some degree over the last 6 months he has left toddler-hood and entered boyhood.  He potty-trained himself. He can play outside and knows NOT to run into the street.  He helps himself to snacks in the pantry.  
I'm not gonna lie.  
It's wonderful to be out of babyhood. I enjoyed it for its season, but I gladly wave it a hearty goodbye. 

I still get fought over for cuddles.  
I still get to do bedtime stories.
I still get the good stuff.


A low-key and much enjoyed celebration.
William reading him the card
opening a present from Grandma
he liked it

a modest cake done by yours truly
not ashamed that the cake mix was out of a box
a little brotherly help
So Christian, welcome to three.
Welcome to Boyhood.  
You're in the right family for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment