Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Friday, April 17, 2015

Coloring Easter Eggs

I gotta be honest, it's been a few years since we colored Easter eggs.  Generally, Easter is a super busy time for us since Dan works at a church.  But now that Christian is almost three, it seemed time to reinstate it... and my parents were here to facilitate.

For some reason, I thought it would be a better idea to blow the yolk out of the eggs instead of using hard boiled ones.  At the time, my reasoning seemed really sound.  I thought, gee, won't it be great to keep these for a couple years and just grow our collection?  I dislike the idea of tossing them out after a week or so.  After blowing the yolk out of the second egg, I decided I was a bit nuts.  Thankfully, Dan came to the rescue and helped me tackle the task.
 The weather was beautiful so we did the messy work outside.  

because this is how 10 year olds act when a camera is on them...

we gave Grampy "Christian Duty"
You can see Calvin is in a new shirt... accidents happen!
these faces!
so thankful for these guys!
Ta-Da!  The best laid plans... sometimes turn out okay.
So thankful for Easter and that all things are being made New.

No comments:

Post a Comment