Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Monday, February 9, 2015

Christian's Playdough

Our sweet baby boy, Christian, doesn't really enjoy playing on his own.  This should probably come as no surprise to me since he has three older brothers and rarely has the need or opportunity to entertain himself.  My other three were and are self-entertaining.  I was never their Entertainment Coordinator.  It wasn't until Worthy was about seven that I think he used the word "bored" in a self-referential way. So it was always hard for me to empathize with people that had kids that were needy in that way.  I never had it... until now.  I get it now.  
Christian is an extrovert in every sense.  He wants action, entertainment, involvement and an audience.  When his brothers are occupied and even when they're not... I become his target.  All this to say... we've finally discovered something that holds his solo interest.  Playdough!  Yes.   
Historically, I wasn't a huge Playdough fan.  The mess was usually not worth it for the 15 minutes that it occupied my other boys.  This guy is different.  He can easily solo Playdough and play for as long as it takes to make spaghetti from all the 6 cannisters we own. My sweet OCD boy will even clean up afterwards.
I'm sure he's learning wonderful tactile things, etc., but what I honestly love is the 45 minutes of quiet I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment