Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Naturhistorisches Museum Wien

During the Christmas holiday we have needed to escape the apartment a bit.  One of our excursions was to the Naturhistorisches Museum Wien - the Natural History Museum in Vienna. This was just the oldest three and I.  Daddy and stroller baby stayed home. I have never been here before, but I'm pretty sure the oldest two had already been here on field trips. I was expecting William and Calvin to be the ones thrilled on this excursion - to my surprise it was Worthy who was wowed (alliteration points!)
Shabby building - I know...
We were mainly interested in the dinosaur exhibit.  It was pretty cool.  I wasn't sure what could be touched and not touched so we just had a hands-off policy.  A lot of the things were at kid level with no barriers and no signs saying "Don't Touch This" (or the Deutsche equivalent).
This was a mechanical dino.  He moved some and made noises.  
Calvin was a bit unsettled by it.
Worthy went around the room and did a lot on his own.  Most of the exhibits were in German and English which was really nice.
Worthy was really tickled by this dino leg bone.  
It really was enormous.
He was also tickled to read some "Engrish" grammar mistakes.  
Maybe you can catch it too :)
And afterwards I took my starving explorers to McDonalds.  They each delightfully ordered cheeseburgers with ketchup only - my legacy of finickiness lives on! Honestly doing that order in German can be a challenge especially when most employees are not native German speakers.  It can be a confusing nightmare. 
And side note: here you have to pay for ketchup packs... 30 cents each.
they're required to serve a piece of fruit with it
And my kiddos proved to be as hungry as dinosaurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment