Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, January 23, 2014

First Week Back

The week has been a bit of a blur.  Shortly after arriving back in the US, I started running a fever.  After getting chest X-rays, it was evident my bronchial infection had turned into pneumonia.  I ended up staying in the hospital for 4 days to recover get medicine. It was definitely not restful.  Although it was nice to be able to understand my nurses.  The upside - I finally got to watch Season 1 & 2 of Homeland which we received as a Christmas present.  I didn't see the kiddos for a while - which was a little tough (I didn't want them coming to the hospital and picking up any unnecessary germs!).  I will gracefully refrain from showing any pics from my visit.  Thankfully my parents were still around and able to assist with the logistics of adjusting, getting Worthy & William ready for school and just helping holding down the fort while I recouped.

While I was in the hospital, Worthy & William began school.  So far, it's been a good experience.  They're both getting use to new places, routines, curriculum, friends and uniforms.


And if that wasn't too crazy enough - we had to take Calvin to the ER when a friend accidentally dropped a 20lb dumbbell on Calvin's foot.  Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but the doctor did have to puncture the toenail to release an ocean some blood from underneath. It was rather traumatic, but a good thing to have done.

It's good to be back.  
And will be even better when things settle down for us :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy things are settling down for you, well to what you consider normal:-) thankful the medical needs are under control now. Please enjoy your time there with old friends and family too! Love you guys, Doris Stone

    ReplyDelete