Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Monday, March 25, 2013

Training

A friend recently advised me to get more cardiovascular exercise as 45 minutes of CV 5 times a week is the best thing for brain health. That sounded to me like training for a marathon, so I signed up for the Vienna Marathon in December and got to work.

I did my longest run of the training plan on Saturday and now begins the "taper," the three-week period that my body recovers from all the training I've done. The marathon is on April 14. This is my 3rd marathon, but the one I have most prepared for.

Feeling better both physically and emotionally has been a huge blessing. Another benefit to the training is seeing so much of Vienna. Here's a few pictures from my runs:

Schönbrunn palace grounds

Schönbrunn

Schönbrunn palace grounds

Christmas Eve service at the Franciscan Church

Russian Orthodox church in the 3rd district



WW2 Anti-aircraft towers in the 3rd district

Prater

Riesenrad

View of Leopoldberg from Donauinsel

Donauinsel

Heavy snows on Prater Hauptallee

Gasometer

Hubertuswarte, Lainzer Tiergarten

St Stephens, Christmas Eve

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. We're training for the "Tough Mudder" here at the end of the month (www.toughmudder.com) so I understand your training plans!

    ReplyDelete