Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Monday, February 4, 2013

Mother :: Cook :: Wife :: Ice Skating Instructor?

I've added another title to my growing list of accomplishments... Ice Skating Instructor.  I am by no means an accomplished ice skater.  That being said, I'm better than Dan :).  So, I'm not 7 months pregnant this year, so I get the task of teaching my children what all dutiful Austrian children seem to know innately.  This past week, I took William to the ice rink to begin the teaching process.  

First off, the weather was beautiful.  Meaning we really didn't need hats or gloves.  
Secondly, it was SO affordable.  We had a pair of used ice skates - so no rental needed.  And the kids teaching rink was FREE!  Yep.  Maybe that's because the location was so lousy... oh wait, don't think that was the reason.  
The teaching was greatly eased by these wonderful gliding penguins.  I don't know what they are but it saved me from having a tremendous back ache the next day.

It turned out to be a really, really fun afternoon for us both.  

And of course all that hard work deserved a hot drink afterwards.  
Hooray for Kinderpunsch!

1 comment:

  1. In all seriousness-- do they let adults onto the kiddie learning rink? I never learned to ice skate and Ben is rather insistent that I go skating with him! --E.H.

    ReplyDelete