Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Friday, September 7, 2012

Worthy is 8!

While on vacation, Worthy turned 8!  We had a delayed celebration, but (of course!) we had to have some presents and cake on the special day.  This was going to be our first night at the Home we were staying in, so I thankfully had brought a boxed cake mix and frosting.

Side Note: Boxed cake mixes (and frosting) are not readily available here.  When my parents visited us, they brought a big stash of them.  Otherwise, I'd have to go down to Bobby's - a place that sells hard-to-get American & British fare and pay about $10 for a box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake mix.

At this point, I thought I had packed & planned so well - cake mix, check; frosting, check; cake pan, check... wouldn't you know it... I forgot the candles.  So I went to the local store and bought some. Due to my very rusty French I didn't realize they were the relighting kind... this drove Worthy a little nut-so.
I'm so thankful for our John Worthy.  I love that he's part of our family and all the characteristics that make him unique.  He's a fantastic older brother.  He models patience and forbearance SO well with his younger brothers.  And usually, he actually enjoys being with them.  I love his appetite for reading and fact gathering.  He genuinely makes me laugh, not the fake stuff, but real laughter at what he says and does.  I like having a funny kid.  I love his mind - he has this great make-believe mind and I often find myself peeking into his room and listening to him do Lego Voices or whatever.  He causes me to want to Wonder more.  I love this little man and I love who he's becoming.  I'm so thankful for him!

It seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital.  


How fast the time has  gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment