Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Monday, December 21, 2009

Belatedly Thankful

So I have a lot of blogging to catch up on and I'm trying not to be daunted by the library of pictures I've amassed over the last couple months. We've had a house full of sickness which is FINALLY seemed to be going away. My cough is almost over and I'm hoping to be completely rid of it in the next couple of days.

We had a great thanksgiving despite Dan spraining his ankle. He had gone running at dusk and wasn't watching where he was going and stepped into a hole. The result was a sprained ankle that is still isn't completely healed yet. He was on crutches for 2-3 days during the Thanksgiving festivities. I think he secretly conjured up the story to stay in front of the TV all day :)

Jon & Sarah came up from Naples, FL and my dad was able to come down from Ohio. Unfortunately, my mom had to work. One of our traditions is to go around the table and alphabetically say what we're thank for that starts with that letter. This year Worthy was thankful for elephants and a whole host of other animals. I forget what letters he got, but he had an animal prepared for each one.

We had a great Thanksgiving Day. Dad & Jon took over turkey duty and a host of other entrees. All-in-all it was a delightful day.

Will loved the mashed potatoes. That's Mama's boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment