Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, May 14, 2009

One Small Step for (Wo)Man

Today I got my cast off! I also took my first shower in 2 months... it was glorious! As you can see I still have the incision scar and my foot is a bit swollen. The swelling will decrease over time, but my ankle has had A LOT more movement today than it's been accustomed too lately.

This is my Xray from today. The bones all healed and you can see the pins & plate in it.

Here's the "lovely" incision. Thought my nephews would get a kick out of this. Also, my foot is not normally that plump :)

4 comments:

  1. Horray for casts off and hot showers! I'm SO happy for you Jen! Enjoy getting life back to how you knew it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've healed well and are mobile again! I bet you've never enjoyed a shower more.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Honey, I am so sorry...It looks so sore and swollen..Please hurry home or pray I can get there sooner..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gnarly - was your surgery done by an orthopod or a podiatrist? When you fractured it, was it open? Take as many rx for pain as they will give you!

    ReplyDelete