Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Friday, April 10, 2009

Broken dreams...

Yep - 3 weeks ago I broke my foot. Quick Version of story: As I was unloading the dishwasher I looked down and saw a Palmetto Bug on my pajamas pants. I proceeded to jump up and down to get him off (and kill him) to no avail. Then my rationale mind decided to take off my pajamas pants - while jumping... bad decision. I got caught up in my pants and landed wrong on my foot. I immediately heard a crack and knew it was broken. Bug - 1; Jen - 0. I lost :( They had to do surgery and put 5 tiny screws and a plate into my 5th metatarsal. I've been on crutches for the last 3 weeks and will be on them another 3-4 weeks. I'm hoping and praying (and begging the doctors) to let me begin to put weight on it next week.
Two days after surgery, I had providentially scheduled a visit to Ohio to see my family. I ended up extending the trip and stayed for 2 weeks instead of one - hoping to give Dan a break from playing nurse-maid. I was a bit fearful of flying with the boys BEFORE this happened, but God has a way of showing me that He's capable of more than I can imagine. To my great joy, there were no "dirty" diapers on the way up or down. They would have had to been changed in the seat :)
Now I'm back home and Dan's mom is here taking complete care of us. We have wonderful friends that have been supplying our meals. I'm SO, SO grateful for all our our family and friends that are helping us get through this. We could not do it otherwise... and did I mention this is Easter week too?! God does have a sense of humor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment