Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Friday, February 7, 2014

Becoming Natives

We are slowly slipping into routines and becoming locals.  Here's what we're learning or doing:
  • Homework after dinner will always be poorly executed
  • Kids eat free on Monday (and Tuesday) at Cody's
  • The weekly library kid program is a must-attend
  • Standing next to my husband during worship is wonderful.
  • I just got a gas card to a local place that makes it a little cheaper.  (I hadn't pumped gas in 2 years!)
  • There are too many gastronomic temptations
  • We need to exercise... a lot
  • Soccer practice - it's more fun than practice
  • I have to consciously remember to say "Excuse Me" when trying to squeeze by people so as not to seem too rude.
  • The grocery store trip(s) has become a pleasant part of my week
  • Attending a weekly Bible Study that I use to attend - same location with many of the same women - has been a highlight of my week.
  • Being around older and vibrant Christians has been a balm to my soul
  • Not bundling up in Winter Gear has been a really nice change
It's nice to be back. We miss Vienna.  We miss being home even while we are here at home.  We're so blessed to call two places Home.

2 comments:

  1. Kids eat free at Beefs in Crystal River on Tuesday nights! :) By the way, this is Karli's account :).

    ReplyDelete