Description

...a blog for the friends and family of dan, jen, worthy, william, calvin & christian

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Watch out Emeril

William LOVES to interfere with help me in the kitchen.  Sometimes, I just need to cook or bake something quick and not have a 4 year old in the mix (pun intended...).  However, I most often try to remember how important teaching moments are and really incorporate him into the process.  And on more relaxed cooking ventures even explain things such as what baking powder or eggs do - a mini science lesson if you will. 

So, last week when I went grocery shopping at Aldi (Hofer auf Deutsch) I saw this adorable chef hat & apron.  After my third trip (in two days) I decided to pick one up for William.  
He loves it and insists on wearing it every time he helps me cook. 
Then Calvin began to wear the apron around the house and ask to help cook as well.  I couldn't resist suiting him up for the task too.  
I need to remember that right now cooking for our 4 boys is manageable, but someday (too soon) it will be a  gargantuan feat and I will need able-bodied sous chefs.  

I'm hoping this is our Uncle Jon in training!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, I love this post! The boys are too cute... Can´t wait for Hannah to be old enough to help. Thanks for sharing! Tabea

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love the pictures and your insight! It will be so fun when Zoey is big enough to help ... well fun and challenging! :)

    ReplyDelete